Monday, June 9, 2008

crazy weekend

All weekend was rainy, hot, and even tornados around...not fun especially when my schedule was packed with parties!!! Yes packed...Friday we didn't do anything because we had too much going on the rest of the weekend. Saturday John worked during the day while I cleaned the WHOLE house..I was sweating but it was good...i felt great afterwards. Then we went a graduation party..one of the three we had that day..we only made it to one..the rest of my family split up and made appearances at the other two...it's way too hard to make it to all of them!

Sunday we had two birthday parties....surprise ones at that...one for my uncle who turned 50 and one for John's dad..of course they weren't near each other...so we also did lots of driving this weekend. I will say..i was VERY happy with myself this weekend with my food choices at all three parties...it was very hard to stay on track but I did great! I estimated on points..but I figure even if I'm off I at least counted some points..so that's what matters.

I also drank lots of water at the parties since it was so hot all weekend. I have also been drinking lots of water today so far..not as much as I want to (2L a day is my goal) but I have been sipping on it all day :)

We tried Peapod delivery for groceries on saturday..I will say...I was SOOO impressed. We just wanted to try it out since we live in a condo building and being on the 5th floor and bringing them home can be such a pain. This delivery service was fabulous...everything was soooo fresh. I ordered milk, eggs, bread, bananas, strawberries, and EVEN market day foods. The milk was colder then when I have shopped myself. They keep the cold stuff on dry ice for you until delivery..the guy even put everything in my kitchen for me to unload. Anybody else use them? what do you think?

I am excited for a healthy week since I have all this fresh food for lunches..and some for dinners. I just need to make it through all these crazy parties we have all month! But I figure if I stay on track during the week I have flex points but I have to be smart the rest of the week.

This morning I weighed myself and I didn't gain or lose...187.6 which I haven't tracked that in a while...but I know over the weekend I hopped on and it was higher so that's good that it's lower again...

have a great week everybody..stay cool and dry! Drink your water!!

Quote of the day: No put-downs. No interrupting. Now chewing gum. (Rules for the faculty meeting.)

No comments: