Monday, June 16, 2008

June, June, June

I am sorry that I have been MIA....June is SOOOO busy...john's family has three birthdays, we have our anniversary, and there is father's day. On top of all that...there are tons of graduation parties. So I'm sorry I haven't been on here in a week.

With all that being said...things have been going well for me though! Even though there are lots of temptations at parties..I keep snacking to a minimum and try to snack on the veggie or fruit trays at all the parties. My schedule has been off a little bit since the parties are at odd times so i am just eating whenever..no set meals on the weekends which stinks sometimes.

Our anniversary was this past Wednesday..he surprised me with roses of course..then we went to watch the cubs game at a sports bar. Friday was the big surprise..he took me to Melting Pot. It's a fondue restaurant..it's unbelieveable..I loved it. We didn't have room for dessert so he's taking me back this week so we can enjoy that. I saved up points for Friday since I knew we were going out..but I still went over. The food was great though we had cheese and I mainly dipped the apples and the veggies and tried to stay away from the bread. Then we had a mushroom salad with a vinegarette..YUM. The main course had shrimp, salmon, filet, tenderloin, and chicken that you cooked yourself. There were also veggies that came with it that added great flavor to the meal. It was a big expensive too but it was such a cool experience and would definately go back.
Has anybody ever been there???

We had a graduation party and a birthday party saturday. Sunday we saw john's dad and my dad..so we have been BUSY! Another weekend down in june...phew

Other then that I have been eating pretty healthy..I did not drink as much water as I wanted to over the weekend but I stayed away from drinking beer at the parties..or even pop. I don't drink pop...recently I started drinking diet pop because it can be hard at some places..but that's about it.

Enjoy your week everybody!!! Sorry I was MIA!! But at least I stayed on track with everything..I couldn't tell you the last time I turned on my computer at home...otherwise I'd be on here a lot more..I just blog when I have a minute or two at work.

Keep up the great work!!!!!!!

Quote of the day: Realize your potential, and teach to theirs.

1 comment:

Roni said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the melting pot!! You did what I do, stick with the veggies and enjoy myself. It's such a fun night out!