Thursday, July 3, 2008

Almost Two weeks TOO long

Hey folks,

yes I have not post in almost two weeks!! Where have I been? Well mainly around not turning on the TV or computer after work. I've been running around cleaning my house. I'm throwing a SURPRISE party for my man on the 12th...he's turning 25. It's going to be at our house so I'm just getting everything ready even have most of the stuff bought for the party :) just want to stay ahead here so it's not all last minute. He grew up in southern illinois and I even was able to have three of his friends agree to drive up for the weekend and surprise him..he thinks he is working that saturday so then i know he'll be home cause he doesn't like to go out the night before he works a saturday...but really he has off (cause I was able to get him out of work)....he hasn't seen these friends since we started dating two years ago for a wedding we went to, and before that..he saw them in '02.

Ok enough about that...I've been doing great tracking my points and watching what i'm eating. It's still hard to fight the summer BBQ temptations. I have been really good and not been drinking which was a huge downfall for me last summer! We have been at home cooking every night this week which is awesome. We even tried the Kraft whole grain mac and cheese..different but not bad. I gained a pound through the two weeks but I weighed myself this morning and I'm down 1.6 pounds so I'm happy about that and it's TOM which is never fun because all I want to do is EAT!!!!

As far as water goes...i've been super thirsty and drinking lots of water...easy to do since it's hot out and I want to make sure i'm hydrated. I have been drinking Figi water lately..i love it..don't know why but its so good!! i'm hooked! To change it up I've been bringing these juice boxes..can't remember who makes them but they are called just 10 or something like that...I bought them through peapod..they are very light and refreshing..i love them..something different then water that only has 10 calories. By the way speaking of peapod...i love using them to shop..they are soooo great at picking fresh fruits and veggies and totally save me time!

I am worried about this weekend as it is 4th of july weekend. I am not too worried except that we are going to a BBQ friday and a festival on saturday..so that's two days in a row that I have to be strong with my decisions....but I can do it.

Well back to my list of things to do for the party...i'm crazy...i am having his friends show up friday night, our parents/siblings over on saturday at 3:00 and our friends over at 7:30 so this will be an all day event!! And it's all a surprise. I have the catering ordered, decorations, most of the drinks for the day bought and stored at mom and dad's house. Still have to get his presents, some late night snacks for our friends, and the cold food that day before...ahh never ends!! I also have other gifts for other parties to pick up at some point and have to keep the house cleaned...I started early so he didn't wonder why the house is SPOTLESS....hahaha

Have a happy and safe 4th of July!!! Drink lots of water, stay cool!

Quote of the day: Your patience is rewarded when you hear the music of a child sounding out her first reading words.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Hey!
Hope all is well. Come by and check out my site as I am starting a new contract with my bf for the rest of the summer!
Cya
S