Saturday, February 23, 2008

can't sleep

Good morning everybody...saturday and sundays are something I look forward to because I can usually sleep in..however today that was not the case..I think I slept maybe five hours if that :( We got home really late and my stomach was bugging me so I stayed up and watched some tv...and now i'm up again just wide awake...

Anyways I totally forgot to mention yesterday that I am SO excited because when I got dressed yesterday I was able to put on a pair of jeans that I have not worn since before last summer..AMAZING!

Yesterday I also took out some of my workout videos and vitamins and decided I need to start working out and taking my vitamins..those will help a lot. I really wish there was a gym in our complex but NO and I don't have the money at the moment to join somewhere.

Well I'm a little worried about today since we are going out for a friend's birthday...at this age its hard to go to a bar and not drink or to drink something that is good for you...however I am on day 19 of not having a beer..my goal is go 30 days!!

So my question to you is what do you drink that isn't going to be horrible for my points when everybody around you in slamming their beers not worried about empty calories...? I have points leftover to use today but I'm not going to give in and have a beer!!

Have a great saturday!

4 comments:

watchinmyweight said...

Hey girl! Thanks for the post...I will be following you as well! I have been a yo-yo dieter for as long as I can remember. I have done WW this last time since January. I work nights...so it's hard...I have just had to adjust my days worth of points when I from working to not working.

About the alcohol thing...I use Dotti's site for finding quick points (I'm a member of WW online) the link is http://www.dwlz.com/WWinfo/liquor.html
Let me know if it doesn't work. But this will give you an idea of what you should have and what you should stay away from! GOOD LUCK!! :)

Angela Power said...

Hi there! Thanks for checking in on me :) It just made my day to read your comment about being an inspiration...that's the kind of stuff that keeps me going!

Re the vitamins: I have just recently started getting on this wagon. From what I have found, unless your doctor recommends otherwise, it's a good idea to take a multi-vitamin every day (some say it's even better to break it in half and take half in the a.m. and half in the p.m.), a vitamin D supplement (1000 IU which has just recently been shown to reduce cancer by 60% in a recent study), and I myself am also taking Omega 3 "seal oil" capsules which I am sorry to say are not available in the U.S. I am going to be posting a review of a book that I'm reading called "Omega 3 the seal connection" which will explain a little more about it, but the bottom line is that our society has become deficient in Omega 3's specifically and to restore the Omega 3-6-9 healthy ratio balance in our bodies, it's important to supplement the Omega 3 only. The book I'm going to review is a well documented summarization of research on this issue and how seal oil benefits humans far better than fish oils. Most people take cod liver oil supplements etc. which taste and smell really bad which is still good for you, but seal oil has proven through extensive research to benefit our health far better. It's quite amazing actually on how much it help prevent and treat tons and tons of diseases. But, unfortunatly, the seal oil capsules are not available in the U.S. presently. Keep checking in and there will be a post shortly about this.

Thanks for reading and welcome to the blogsphere :-)

watchinmyweight said...

Thanks for the wonderful comments!! :) Sorry about the spelling thing...you'd think I could read the link!!haha

Don't get me wrong...I have not always been so good with the "plan" thing this time around. I have my days...but I am certainly more motivated this time around and when I have a bad meal...I don't say oh I'll get back on plan tomorrow...I make sure it is then that I make better choices!! :)I have also cut out regular cokes...I only drink diet cokes...that's my coffee.

I guess bottom line my mind and spirit set is definately in a better place.

You will do awesome...stay motivated reading different blogs. Oh and the alcohol thing...I know exactly what you mean...we are going to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico to an all-inclusive in 2 weeks...I am trying to figure out what to drink while we are their. That sounds bad. :)

I'll check in to see how things are going for you and keep you motivated!! Have fun tonight!

Roni said...

Congrats on the jeans!!

As for the drink, I get Becks premium light. It's only 64 cals each!!