Thursday, April 24, 2008

dogsitting

Yes, thats right.....this week and next week I am dogsitting for my parents while they are in sunny florida!!! LUCKY...

Well it's not too bad..they have two dogs that I have to take care of while they are away. The hard part is my condo is five minutes from my work and their house is about 25-30 minutes from my work...so that means that I have been staying at their house every night, driving to work, working for a little bit, then letting the dogs out, coming back to work and then after work back to their house...geez that made me tired just typing. I have mine and john's stuff in a duffle bag at my parent's house and we are living out of a bag. We have been eating out this week since we don't have any food at my parent's house...but I have managed to stay on points so that is awesome.

I have not weighed in for a while...which I need to do. I have felt really good this week since I have been counting points again. I need to start cooking more...I feel like I don't know enough and I know its all about experimenting as well...but the other thing is cost...and time...but hopefully soon I can cook more.

I can't wait until next week..we are going to the cubs game TWICE in a row..we are going tuesday and wednesday..that is our payment for watching the dogs. I am super excited..they are both night games and I've never been to a night game!!! I am worried though because the temptation of the food there will kill me..blah.

Has anybody tried the mgd lite 64 beer? I am a total beer girl which is hard on WW. This beer is soooo good and only 1 point. Let me know what you think about it if you have had it. It's so light and will be great during BBQ's this summer YAY!

Quote of the day: If kids can watch TV, talk on the phone, and do their homework all at the same time, then they can surely learn to put their names in the upper right hand corner of their papers.

HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!! I am going to try and get on the treadmill at my parent's house tonight since they have one...

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hey, good to see that you're back.
Advice/comment: If you are staying at your parents for 2 weeks, go to the grocery store and buy some food to cook. It will save money and on the calories.
My advice on food, is to pick a portion of protein and a portion 0of carbs (rice/potatoes/pasta....), and as many veggies as you can handle, then you will have all of your food groups.. remember that a portion is about the size of your fist!
Good Luck with it!
S

watchinmyweight said...

I hope the dogs didn't take you hostage...haha!

I know you are doing great...post soon!! :)